Thursday 21 August 2014

Podcast: My Conversation With Marika Hackman

I've been a fan of Marika Hackman's for a while. Ever since I was introduced to her particular blend of smart, literate folk and electronica, I've been interested in hearing her where she goes next. The thing that always intrigued me most about her was the dark, violent content of her lyrics and imagery which contrasted so well with her almost fragile voice. The tone of her music is complex and brooding but there is always melody and subtlety enough to to keep it from becoming a hard listen. 


Needless to say I had questions, so when Marika agreed to talk to me for the Speaks Louder Than Words podcast I set about going over her back catalog looking for comparisons and clues to the meaning behind her songs. In our conversation I found her to be intelligent and thoughtful and not afraid to discuss her reasons for doing things, which made this one of my favourite interviews so far.

Download the podcast for free on iTunes or listen to it via soundcloud below. You can listen to Marika's music on spotify or on her website.

No comments: